2.25.2017

Carnaval? Hell no!!!


What is the first thing you remember when it comes to Brazil? Let me guess: the national soccer team? The statue of Christ the Redeemer? Its endless political scandals and violent cities?

Many people may say CARNAVAL (or Brazilian Carnival, if you insist...). You've already heard about it, for sure. A enormous street festival, samba-schools parades, five or more days of fun, craziness and senselessness all around the country... Sounds good, no? Wrong!!! (But I must admit, I can't complain about the days off, hehehe...).

It's not a matter of age; even when I was younger, I couldn't stand Carnaval too - except the costume thing (some outfits are pretty cool). Everybody acts as if they had to be cheerful and full of effervescent enthusiasm all the time. It's so hollow, if you think about it. We have to deal with traffic jams in the main roads and highways, crowded beaches, tiresome media broadcasts, with the same lame event being shown over and over. Besides, brazilian women often suffer sexual harassment during Carnaval. It's horrible.

If someone, singing and dancing in a bloco, invites me: "Join us!", I reply: "Thank you but I'm out".

Carnaval? Hell no!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment